Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Engagement Photos

T and I had some engagement photos taken while in New Mexico, and I've been meaning to do a post on what I wore...but not that I've finally gotten around to it, I can't find any of the pieces online! I hope to get the actual photos up soon, but in the meantime, here's a little taste.

I found out the hard way that the outfits I'd originally packed for our engagement photoshoot were simply not going to cut it in the freezing New Mexico weather. So, the day before we were scheduled to meet our photographer, I dragged T all around Santa Fe looking for something to wear. I tried all the regular spots (J. Crew, Marshalls, Brooks Brothers), but nothing looked quite right. I was about ready to give up, when we passed by a Talbots. I wasn't even going to walk in, but I was desperate!

Well, am I ever glad I gave Talbots a shot. The sales associate, Lucille, was just as nice as she could be, and helped me pick out a number of sweaters and tops that would go with the J. Crew side zip skinnies and brown knee high boots I already had. She was so patient as I tried on outfit after outfit! I actually found a couple different options I really loved, and a few were on sale, too!

This is (sort of) what I ended up with:



The Audrey sweater and a shawl collar sweater. I chose a really pretty pink for the Audrey, and a soft cream for the shawl collar (with a pink turtleneck underneath). Both sweaters were so comfortable, and ultra-flattering, too!

Here's one shot where you can get a better idea of the colors:


I am so happy with my Talbots purchases! I don't know what's changed (or maybe I just "grew up"), but Talbots is definitely being added to my regular shopping circuits. I can't wait for their spring collection to hit stores!

What did you wear in your engagement photos? Are there any retailers that have surprised you recently?

*Note: I did not receive any compensation from Talbots for writing this post!

2 comments:

  1. Choosing clothes for my engagement pictures was so hard. I literally had a friend come over and "dress" me! I think you saw some of the pictures on my blog, but for the casual outfit I ended up with something I wear regularly to school-- a pink and white striped polo buttondown, jeans and brown boots (dressed up with a long gold & pearl necklace). For the dressy outfit I borrowed a bold houndstooth skirt from my friend and paired it with a $7 black turtleneck from old navy!

    I really love the color combination you used. The pink is so warm and feminine! I will have to check out Talbots. I am a sweater girl and it looks like these options are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! Great choice! LOve the colors and love the blue on your beau too!

    ReplyDelete