Wednesday, March 10, 2010

If I had an extra $600 today...


Every year, my alma mater hosts a silent auction fundraiser in the spring. The mothers who hosted the event were always so creative; I can remembering volunteering at one auction in high school where the MIC (mother in charge) had groups of us "act out" some of the big ticket items (think Jackie O sunglasses and big hats for a Bermuda getaway, or goggles and scarves for a ski vacation in Vail).

While haven't quite made it to the point where I will be attending the silent auction as a fabulous and generous alum, I couldn't help but check out the online auction they've added this year. One family has donated a week at their house in Taos, NM (complete with tennis courts, a swimming pool, and, of course, gorgeous mountain views). I know it's early in the auction, but the current bid is only $600! Just think, if I had a few hundred dollars burning a hole in my pocket, I could be looking forward to a fabulous New Mexican spring break (instead of one spent in Baltimore, applying for jobs). Or perhaps I would save it away for next year's mini-moon?

Ah, well, a girl can dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment